Monday, August 16, 2010

Are YOU Accountable?

You often hear that no man is an island and that it takes a village to raise a child, but often times when challenges arise we responds with "I've got this!" We often feel that others have let us down so we have no choice but to do it ourselves because no one can do it quite like you right?

Well not so, everyone needs somebody. Here at YOU Gals we have learned that our greatest success has come from leaning on each other. As friends we often confide in each other and share dreams and goals. When you share you have someone that can help you with your goal and help you keep your focus to get there. Let's be clear that everyone isn't going to be on the same page as you so you will need to make sure that who you choose to share with is like minded, positive and goal oriented.

YOU Gals Stacy and I have always talked about wanting to lose weight, at one point we decided that we would join a weight loss group and attend the meetings separately. We would talk about it occasionally but hadn't committed to really participating together and with that our goal for weight loss dwindled until we decided to pick it up again.

Almost 12 months ago we decided to go on a weight loss journey together with the help of the Dr. Oz show and fellow showmate Brooke Page. Throughout our journey we had to check in daily with our food and steps and weekly with our weight and waist measurements. It was the same thing that we ask those of you who participate in our challenges and waist loss plans. It was accountability. Yes there were days when I may have been close to my goal and wanted to give up but because I knew that my mentor and coach Dr. Roizen was waiting to hear from me it pushed me to meet or exceed my goal. I was being accountable and Dr. Roizen had committed to be there for me until I reached my goal.

What I have come to learn is that accountability is key. Like they say when the cats away the mouse will play. What do I mean by that? Well when no one is asking how many steps, how much weight, how is that waist or what are you eating it's easy to slip back into old habits. What I do know is that at some point you must mature and hold yourself accountable for your actions and make this a lifestyle but until you can get to that point connect with someone that can help you get where you are going even if that takes a lifetime.

Do you want the YOU Gals to help you? Reach out to us as we are here to help YOU!

Happy Stepping Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment