Wednesday, April 20, 2011

First 30 days - Slow and Steady

Here we go people! I’ve been busy so sorry that I haven’t posted in a few days. My hat is off to those of you who parent more than 1 child. I had my 9 year old sister and 5 year old god daughter over the weekend and my god daughter stayed through Tuesday and man I was tired. Dressing these girls, shuttling them around and just listening to all the giggling, stop, no, leave me alone was enough to take me over the edge, but I survived.

Last week I told you all that I was turning up the heat. I met with the trainer here in the office, took a class and I hit the elliptical all in one day. The next day I just wanted to lie in the bed. I think that I had over done it but you know what......I was back in there with the trainer this week and it felt good. I’ve amped up my cardio and I’m sweating up a storm and that feels good too.

What I’ve been reminded of is that my time is limited but if I want to get this done I’m going to have to carve some time out some way some how. Someone told me that people who work out don’t have more time it’s just how they prioritize. So while I agree with that, when I look at my life I’m either working which is required or caring for my family which is also required. I do believe that I need and must take care of myself and working out is a priority for me but it does not come above my family and my career. I think that it all has its place, it all needs to get done but for me working out is not at the top of the list.

What I have concluded is that I will take a chunk of my work day and shorten it by 45-60 minutes 2 days a week in order to get a nice intense cardio work out in before having to scoop up the little one, 2 days a week I will commit to weight and cardio training with the personal trainer and 3 days a week I will commit to gaining my 10,000 steps throughout the day. Right now this sounds like a plan that will work for me and allow me to effectively focus on all the aspects of my life.

So I missed yesterday’s weigh in but here you go!












Weight:183.9 (total down 4.7)
Waist: 32 ¼

Steps: 12120
Activity: Weight Training & Elliptical

Breakfast: Cheerios & Banana
Snack: Almonds
Lunch: Nutty Chicken Salad (Jason’s Deli)
Snack: Fruit Cup
Dinner: My version of the nutty chicken salad (Chicken, walnuts, craisins, spring mix and balsamic vinaigrette)
Snack: Dark Chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment