Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Listen, Listen, Listen


Despite the mist and drizzle I was still out there in the elements walking and obsessing over these 10,000 steps. Well due to lack of better judgment it turns out I ended up with an upper respiratory infection and have been down and out for the count. One would think feeling sick would cause them to slow down and take some time to heal but this hard headed YOU Gal refused to listen and continued to go do weight training sessions, jogging, walking and pushing herself.

Why wouldn't I stop to rest you ask? First, I have come to realize that I do not like the feeling of sitting around. I have come to love working out, exercising and staying active. Secondly, it dawned on me that laying around and feeling lazy scares me. It worries me that doing so will cause me to slip into my old couch potato ways and previous bad habits. Although I took on a new healthy lifestyle and that person I used to be is a thing of the past I am still very cautious about slipping back into bad habits. After seeing the Dr I realized rest was much needed if I wanted to get better and back to my routine.

The morale of this story is listen to your body. It often sends us signals when we need to take a break and when we choose to ignore it our bodies will force us to listen by shutting down. I am glad to report that I have been resting and am on the mend. I am looking forward to getting back to the swing of things very soon.

4/4 Food Journal:

Breakfast: Egg white omelet, cheese, salsa and a WW tortilla
Snack: Cantaloupe
Lunch: Hummus, veggies and WW pita
Snack: Cantaloupe
Dinner: Baked Tilapia and mixed veggies

No comments:

Post a Comment