Thursday, March 31, 2011

Rise, Shine and Walk It Out


I tried something new yesterday and it proved successful for me. I set my alarm for 5:30a so that I could rise with the sun and walk my way to 10,000 steps early in the day. I will admit that alarm went off and I was far from pleased. I kept snoozing the alarm and at one point turned it off completely. Then somehow in my sleep guilt began to creep in! I was having a conversation with myself and telling myself I was cheating only myself and that I made a commitment to rise early and get it in. Here I am having a lecture with myself in my sleep - was I going nuts?!? Either way that subliminal pep talk stirred me to action! I woke up at 6:20a washed up, got dressed and headed out the door with the dog.

It was so nice! There was a cool brisk breeze, the sun was rising and it was just the dog and I. My thoughts ran loud and clear through my head, I heard the birds chirping and had a gorgeous landscape to watch as I kept it moving. I am so glad that I rose early to make "me" time. This rise and shine attitude helped to relieve my mad dash to 10,000 steps that I normally feel on a daily basis. Weather permitting I think this is something I am going to strive for daily!

The good news is I had a little over 10,000 steps by lunchtime! Anything additional was a bonus!!

Do YOU think you can rise and shine and walk it out too?

Steps: 13,013
Activity: Walking It Out

Food
Breakfast: Oatmeal made with water, no sugar - added granola, raisins and strawberries
Snack: Pineapple
Lunch: Salad: Field greens/ tomatoes/ onions/ black beans/ chicken breast/ craisins/ blue cheese crumbles/ carrots. Soup: Thai Tomato Soup
Snack: Grapes
Dinner: Hummus/ Blue Chips and a fruit salad
Snack: None

No comments:

Post a Comment