Monday, March 28, 2011

YOU Gal Stacy's Week of Reflections


Whew!!!! Week 1 of the YOU Gals Sexy by Summer Challenge has come to an end. Looking over this past week I can honestly say I am proud of myself. I have been motivated and felt so driven. I've committed to 10,000 steps and even exceeded them on a daily basis.

What really stood out in my mind this week relates to my physical condition when I first started this same challenge on the Dr. Oz show in 2009. YOU Gal Toni and I used to walk on the trails at work, well it more like she walked and I was being dragged behind. As she effortlessly walked I was huffing and puffing on the verge of an asthma attack - I liken it to a near death experience. In fact, one day we were walking on the trail and my calf's started to cramp and spasm. I was in exhruiting pain and on the verge of tears, ok I was in tears. Toni encouraged me to stop. I felt horrible but had to sit out. When I think back to that day I could remember the pain so well. After refusal to be defeated I kept at it day by day, week by week. One day on the trail Toni had even mentioned I had picked up some speed and she had to catch up. This past week Toni and I had the opportunity of meeting back on the trail and walked it out. We discussed this very scenario and laughed it off.

I say all of this to remind each of you to look at how far you each have come. Reflect over the hurdles you overcame and commend yourself on a job well done. Sometimes we forget all about the progress we've made and just need a little reminder. Trust me, I went from being the tortoise (or more so snail) to now being the hare. We all become better with time, effort and endurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment